Complaints & Dispute Resolution Procedures
In accordance with Rule 10 Real Estate Agents Act (Professional Conduct and Client Care Rules) 2009
Our complaints and dispute resolution procedures are designed to provide a simple and personalized process for resolving any complaint you might have about the service you have received from our agency.
- Call us at Empire Realty – Just Motel Sales and speak to the manager, Arthur Fong (DDI: 09-528 9787 or Mobile: 021 941 240). Tell the manager who you are complaining about and what your concerns are. Let the manager know what you would like done about your complaint.
- The manager may ask you to put your complaint in writing so that he can investigate it. The manager will need a brief period of time to talk to the team members involved. We promise to come back to you within 10 working days with a response to your complaint. That response may be in writing. As part of that response, we might ask you to meet with members of our team to discuss the complaint and try and agree a resolution.
- If we are unable to come to an agreed resolution after a meeting, or if you do not wish to meet with us, then we will provide you with a written proposal to resolve your complaint.
- If you do not accept our proposal please try and advise us in writing within 5 working days. You may suggest another way of resolving your complaint.
- If we accept your preferred resolution we will attempt to implement that resolution as soon as possible. If we decline your preferred resolution we may invite you to mediate the dispute.
- If we agree to mediate the complaint but do not settle the complaint at mediation, or we do not agree to mediate the dispute, then that will be the end of our process.
You can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority in the first instance, and even if you use these procedures you can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority at any time.
The Real Estate Agents Authority
c/- P O Box 25-371
Phone 0800 for REAA or 0800 367 7322